July 7, 2011

Wireless Connectivity - How do I create a Netgear router

There are times when the learning curve may appear in this technologically advanced information age, like a mountain. Once you overcome an obstacle or a peak and think you're the smartest person on the planet, another task will be to yourself and the medicine cabinet for another blood pressure pill. I thought it would be a good idea to check the recent experience I had when trying to access the Internet on a laptop from a friend back home via a modem and a document> Wireless router. The reason for this is that I'd like it if someone had already documented the same experience for me. And 'course I would take some time.

The Netgear RangeMax Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNR3500 is a nice piece of equipment. I used this hardware to connect a house to the Internet. Router wireless home network to connect the wired and wireless network keyConnections. It 'was previously used with the Windows XP operating system with a satellite modem ipStar Series Terminal icon. The setup is easy, because all I had to do was install the software and follow the instructions. It 'was a piece of cake.

Netgear Wireless N Router

I was working with a newly purchased laptop Acer eMachines E727. I tried to use the router for the same wireless connection with Windows 7 Home Edition as the operating system access. I tried to install the softwareVersion 2.0 CD I had with the router, but the error message I said that I have a compatibility problem with the version of Windows that I had done. I have to solve a lot 'Google search for a precious updated software to ensure compatibility issue. I had no luck, and so as a last resort, I contacted the "Netgear Support" number.

It 'a good idea to confirm that actually have an Internet connection so I initially connected to an Ethernet cable fromModem to the RJ45 Ethernet port on the laptop. Once access to broadband Internet has been confirmed that the laptop to the modem via the router. The modem is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable from the modem to access the yellow, the word "Internet" on the router. I another Ethernet cable from the output port 1 on the router with the RJ45 Ethernet port on the laptop.

In the lower right corner of the laptop all over the InternetLink icon next to the speaker icon. When I move the mouse over the icon showed up an Internet connection to call old. It 'was necessary to access the router to change settings. This was achieved by entering 192.168.1.1 in the browser window.

The default values ​​for the Netgear WNR3500 are;

Username: admin

Password:

Go to "Setup" to "Wireless Settings". Go to "wireless network".

Go to "Name (SSID)"Field and delete the previous value of input. Enter a new name in the "Name (SSID)" with a name you recognize. This value could be something as simple as you your last name. It can be a value of your choice and a maximum of 32 alphanumeric characters. It 'important to remember that this "Name (SSID)" on all wireless devices on the network must be assigned and that this value is case-sensitive.

Go to the "Region" and select your region from the dropdown menuList.

Proceed to determine the "channel" that the operating frequency is used. I entered the channel 11

Go to the field 'Mode' and select the desired wireless mode. The default is "Up to 145 Mbps" to find how friendly neighbors.

Under "Security Options 'I' WPA-PSK [TKIP]". This is an acronym for Wi-Fi Protected Access with Pre-Shared Key. Use to enter WPA-PSK with TKIP encryption standards. This is purely a bit 'of useless information for theuseless information department.

At the bottom of the page under "Security Options (WPA-PSK + WPA2-PSK) Passphrase, enter a word or group of printable characters in the password field. The passphrase should be 8 to 63 characters. Use something that is easy to remember . If you can not think of anything, use your cell phone number.

Click "Apply" to save the changes to take effect and update the router. If the router is updated, turning to the InternetThe icon at the bottom right of the page and the left mouse button. You should have the "name (SSID)" as a new connection to the Internet. If all goes as planned, you can remove the cable and surf the Internet, Wi-style. It 'the only way to go!

Wireless Connectivity - How do I create a Netgear router

netgear wireless n router

Nikon Remote D700